Monday, March 27, 2017

Anyone There?

Hey folks!  Sorry to leave you hanging for, well, 4 years.  Most of that time there wasn't much going on and you know what they say, no news is good news.  Call me a procrastinator, but there has been news over the past couple of years.  Where to begin...

1. I found the love of my life and got married!

2. Big mamma started growing so we decided we'd had enough of her. We sent her an eviction notice, but she was stubborn and wouldn't budge.  She bulged but didn't budge.  So we set a play date with a scalpel and evicted her for good.  I'll tell you what, a mastectomy with reconstruction is no walk in the park, but we will get to that later.

3. Following the first surgery was radiation to the right breast, or rather the expander where the breast used to be.

4. Then a lot of waiting followed by breast reconstruction and a latissimus flap.  I'll explain what that means in a later post.

5. We thought we were out of the woods when a little grape-sized cousin of big mamma made a visit to my ilium (pelvis).  She crashed with me for a few months until I got tired of her and radiated her to China. Her citizenship papers must have gotten lost because we haven't heard from her.  However, she was obviously upset and sent two more cousins to visit my skull and rib.  They aren't as bothersome and pretty much keep to themselves.  So they can stay, for now.

As of right now, I am doing well.  Hormone therapy is keeping everything at bay, so cross your fingers and toes that it stays this way for a loooong time. Stay tuned for more details.



2 comments:

  1. You are the most incredible girl I know. So glad you're my neice..😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a bada**!! Feel so luck to know you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete